Thursday, May 10, 2007

Eunhyong

I have been priviliged to meet some of the most amazing people over the years. I count that as one of the biggest blessings in my life. Kind, smart, talented, educated, accomplished, interesting, thoughtful people... truly they leave me humbled and blessed that I know them.

Eunhyong and her husband Yong are two of those people and I will write more about both of them later, but today is about Eunhyong.
She has gone back to Korea to await the birth of their first child and Yong is still here persevering in torturous Czech langauge studies! (I start in a few weeks! yikes!)


I didn't know Eunhyong for much time, but I am so glad we met here in Prague. Before she left she had some of us over for a traditional Korean feast! It was incredible and there will be more on that later. But for now, here is a poem I wrote for Eunhyong. It is meant to be about three things: Their anxiously awaited baby, our friendship with Yong and Eunhyong, and God's love for their little family. Emily Dickinson I am not, but it was fun to have the inspiration of this sweet woman to motivate me to write a poem. I miss you, Eunhyong...your sweet smile and your laugh. :) Praying for you and the baby, and for Yong, while you are apart.

Cherry Blossom Petal
The palest pink
Barely there,
but - Oh so there!
Full and sure and glowing
overflowing with the bloom of spring.

And in this bloom
the seed of love -
by Heaven’s plan and Man’s desire –
waits quietly,
its beauty yet unfolding.

Hold fast – Oh Little One!Hold tight – you Tender Gift…
Hold to the Tree of Life.
Its root is deep.
Its soil rich and fertile.
She will not let you stumble.
He will not let you fall.

Winds will blow,
and seasons shift…
your time is yet to come.
Through it all,
that you may know –
as the petal to the bloom,
as the bloom to the tree –
your life in us
and ours in you
for all eternity

No comments: